Roadmap to the Restoration of Independence
April 21, 2017
Friday, 21 April 2017
- All Day Ghost Town in sign of protest at the subversion of the independence of Southern Cameroons, granted by United Nations General Assembly Resolution on 21 April 1961.
- Organization of the Fifth Southern Cameroons Day to Proclaim Total Support for the Restoration of Independence to be marked by citizens stepping out of their homes exactly at noon and lasting only until 1pm to the sound of bells ringing, drums beating, boos, singing, dancing, clapping and ululation.
- Ensure international press coverage of the above campaign, showing the thirst for freedom and self-government by Southern Cameroonians.
- Announcement of the Interim Government of Southern Cameroons.
- Election by the Interim Congress enlarged to include Ambassadors-in-Waiting of the Governors-in-Waiting for the North West and South West Regions of Southern Cameroons with applicants drawn from among the Chiefs and/or Fons, elected councilors, elected mayors, elected parliamentarians and senators.
- Election from among elected councilors, elected mayors, elected parliamentarians and senators of SDOs-in-Waiting and Dos-in-Waiting for all the counties/divisions of the North West and South West.
- Position of Government Delegate to Urban Council disbanded.